This thanksgiving I am especially grateful. These are things I am grateful for:
- My husband. Some days I am still in awe of the idea that we get to live in the same house and hang out all the time.
- My parents. I truly didn't realize until I become an adult just how much they love me and how I will never have enough time to repay them for all that they've done for me. This sinks in more and more with each passing day. I will forever be indebted to them.
- My sisters and brother. As I get older, and friends come and go with the natural cycles of life, the more I realize that there is no one more committed to being there for me, when I need them or even when I don't.
- Feeling safe. Feeling safe in the relationships and friendships in my life. Not having to worry about people's motives and intentions all the time.
- Feeling free. Not just the 'I live in a free country' kind of free but more of an 'I'm free to be who I am' kind of free. Being who I am and not who others want me to be. That kind of free.
- Knowing I am loved and how it gives me the ability to unravel and be careless now and again without consequence.
- Getting older. I am thankful for all the experiences I've been fortunate to have and how there is no where in the world I'd rather be then where I am in my life right now. I certainly do not miss my twenties and for that I am grateful!
- Getting pregnant. Getting pregnant wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. It's not always like it is in the movies. The day I found out I was pregnant will forever be one of the most vividly memorable and emotional days of my life.
- Being pregnant. Sure there are many physical downsides, but knowing there is a little baby girl growing inside me is a completely surreal and magical feeling. The wildest trip, the ultimate blessing.
Over the halfway hump now. Here's what week 21 looks like for me...